Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Luau for Charity

The sportsman's club that my husband is a member of holds an annual luau for charity. It consists of a band, a pig roast, good times and of course a "money dance" where all of the proceeds go to a selected charity. This year's charity was St. Jude Children's Hospital. It is always a competition each year to see who raises the most money, the men or the women. I don't know why the men just don't give up...they never win!
Above is my gorgeous husband before the party.
And of course he had to have one of me as well...
You can't have a party without the electric slide...

Gettin' the pig ready to eat!

Above is my friend Jenn, she is a hoot.

Above is Jenn's boyfriend, Neal. I wonder how much money he collected?

Above is a perfect example why the women always win...LOL

Above is a couple of the women who danced for charity.

Above is my cousin and she would die if she knew I posted this picture.
In the end, I think the club raised close to $1000 to send to St. Jude Children's Hospital.
A good time for a good cause.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

The pictures of the men in their grass skirts is too funny, but even funnier is your caption about why the women always win!