Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Wonderful Christmas

I hope all was well for you this Christmas. My Christmas season was busy, but very rewarding. My husband and I made Christmas stretch out by watching a Christmas movie every night for about 3 weeks. I listened to Christmas music every day from Thanksgiving to the day after Christmas. I love Christmas! It is a time to reflect on the true meaning of why we celebrate each year and the blessings that God has given us. My husband and I chose not to buy each other gifts this year, instead we chose to give the gift of time. So, we each got a weekend to get to do whatever our heart desires as long as it was time together. That means more to me than anything that money could buy.

We started out our celebrating at my Mom's on the 23rd, my Dad's on Christmas Eve and then my in-law's house on Christmas Day. This was the first year that I didn't have any pictures from Christmas. I forgot to take my camera to both my Mom's and my Dad's and then on Christmas day I got to my in-law's only to discover that my batteries were dead in my camera...bummer!

We did receive some nice gifts this Christmas from family and friends. Some of them are...all new bedding for our bed, parts & labor for brakes on my truck, cd's, clothes, Tim McGraw clock, pictures, albums & frames, etc.

I was most thankful for the time with my husband and family. I thank God for such a loving family and especially for the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ which is our reason for celebrating each Christmas.

God Bless You All!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

What an awesome way for you and your husband to celebrate Christmas! Merry Christmas, Sherri!

Mr. Puggle® said...

Hi! I too am the mother of a spoiled puggle, love photography, have divorced parents, and love Jesus! :) Nice blog. Btw, I really like your haircut. Hope you have a happy new year. Mr. Puggle should start blogging in the new year. Jennifer