Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy 17th Birthday Robyn!

On December 31, 1991 our first (of many) babies was born. I say "first of many" even though I have no biological children of my own. I have however, been blessed with many children in my life. My husband and I started dating in January of 1991 and when Robyn was born she was the first baby to bless us with her love. We thought she was the greatest thing that God ever created. We went to see her every day while she was in the hospital and every day after she got home. When me and my husband got a place of our own, we used to pick her up and let her spend the night with us. I guess you could say we "played house" with her. We developed a relationship with her that to this day is still very strong. She will always hold a special place in our hearts. Now, she is 17 with a drivers license and so grown up...sniff...sniff. I think I am taking it a little better than my husband though. He is very protective of her. God help the guys that she dates in her lifetime!

The above picture is of Robyn on the day that she left for her trip to Europe. Talk about being scared, I was a nervous wreck with her getting on a plane and being in a foreign country for a week!

Robyn is very active in sports and JROTC. She is a loving person and so very funny. I am very proud of the young lady that she has become.

The above picture is Robyn when she was still our little baby. That is my dad holding her. As you can tell they were playing pat-a-cake.

Below are some pictures I took of Robyn last summer. She is such a beautiful girl.

Such a beautiful smile!


She looks like a rocker chic here...she is wearing her Uncle Po's shirt.


As you can tell Robyn is quite the country girl.

I know that the time will come when she will grow older, go to college, get married and possibly move away, but no matter how old she gets or how far away from me she is, she will always be my baby.

I love you Robyn, Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

What a sweet post and a beautiful young lady!