Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Grandfathers

Yesterday I did a tribute to my grandmothers. Today I thought I would do a tribute to my grandfathers. Both of my grandfathers were loving men who like my grandmothers, touched my life in many ways.


This is my Papaw Torchy, his name was John Mullins but the whole town knew him as "Torchy". He was my paternal grandfather. I have a lot of memories of Papaw Torchy. Besides my Mamaw Shirley who is still living, I had the most time with Papaw Torchy. He passed away January 1 2007. My memories of Pap are how he always had paint all over his clothes (he was a painter), watching him wallpaper/paint, he loved to fish and he loved to give us grandkids "beard" (where he would rub his cheek against ours when he had a 2-day beard). One of the funniest things about my Papaw was if you were visiting him and he was ready to go to bed he would say, "I guess I'll go to bed now, you good people might want to go home". I thought that was so funny! But of all the things I remember most about Pap was the love that he had for my Granny. He loved her with a passion and was miserable until the day he went to Heaven to be with her. I love & miss you Pap!



This is my Papaw Bob. He was my maternal grandfather. I have some memories of Papaw Bob, but not as many as I would like. He died when I was only 11. I remember him being the first person that I loved to die. It was horrible for me. I remember my Papaw Bob calling me his "eyes". He would always take me shopping with him to pick stuff up for my Mamaw because he said he couldn't see as well as me. I remember him taking me out on the road to work with him for a week and it was so much fun. One time he built a dam in the creek that ran in his backyard with me and Shelly. I do wish I would have had more time with him, but I know I will see him again one day. I love you Papaw Bob!

As you can see, I have been truly blessed with grandparents who loved me. Thank You God for all of the blessings that you have given me. Amen.

1 comment:

VictoriousMommy said...

Memories! I love them all.